The University of the Philippines Library Science Alumni Association (UPLSAA, Inc.), in cooperation with the UP School of Library and Information Studies (UP SLIS), will hold the 5th Advancing Libraries, Archives and Museums (ALAM) Seminar-Workshop entitled “Honoring the Past, Honing the Future: Bridging History and Technology through Libraries, Archives, and Museums” on April 13-15, 2016 at The Bayleaf Intramuros, Intramuros, Manila.
ALAM 2016 aims to help LAMs recognize their roles in nation building by making the most to harmonize the use of technology and innovative systems in preserving and propagating the nation’s cultural identity. Recognizing, relearning, and reflecting on the fundamental and strategic roles of LAMs gives a better perspective and puts into context the institutions’ goals and future endeavors.
This year’s ALAM will showcase the best practices of prestigious national institutions, as well as private sectors in order for the participants to be inspired, learn, and to apply such technologies and innovations in their own institutions.
To achieve this goal, the following topics will be presented:
- Returning to the Fundamentals in Libraries, Archives and Museums
- The Role of LAMs in Writing the History of Our Nation
- Preserving Collections and Cultural Heritage: The Philippine Experience
- National Library
- National Archives
- National Museum
- Workshop in Setting-up a Special Collection
- Developing Management Systems for Special Collections
- At the Intersection of History and Technology: Digitization Practices of the Filipinas Heritage Library
- 23 Mobile Things in LAMs
SEMINAR FEES (LIVE-OUT ONLY):
Regular ratePhp 5,500.00Inclusive of registration fee, meals (lunch and snacks) and seminar kit.
Early Bird (Seminar fee must be paid in full on or before March 15, 2016 to avail of the early bird rate)Php 4,500.00Inclusive of registration fee, meals (lunch and snacks) and seminar kit.
You may send your reservations on or before 8 April 2016 through:
- EMAIL at email@example.com c/o LC Fernandez
- ONLINE: Register by clicking the link: http://uplsaa.net/wpgforms/alam-2016-online-registration/
- FAX at (02) 926 4476 c/o Mr. Jelico Angelo Arriesgado, tel. no. 924.7681 loc. 142
Payments should be deposited to PNB Account No. 393635900016 (Acct. Name: University of the Philippines Library Science Alumni Association – Branch: UP Diliman Campus). For a copy of the invitation, registration form, and program of activities, you may visit WWW.UPLSAA.NET. Should you wish to have an invitation personally addressed to you, kindly send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you in this seminar.