The University of the Philippines Library Science Alumni Association (UPLSAA), in cooperation with the University of the Philippines School of Library and Information Studies (UP SLIS), will hold the 3rd ALAM (Advancing Libraries, Archives and Museums) Seminar entitled, “From Ripples to Waves: Harnessing Resources for Innovative and Sustainable Impact” on March 5-7, 2014 at Diamond Suites and Residences, Cebu City. ALAM 2014 aims to create learning communities that will bring together professionals and staff working in libraries, archives, and museums and encourage them to exchange unique experiences, innovative ideas, and best practices.
To achieve this goal, the following topics will be presented:
- Building Common Communities through Institutions and Connections
- Beyond the Libraries, Archives and Museums, Towards Thinking and Information Literacy
- Records Management: Why Old School Works
- Making Sense of Recordkeeping and Conquering Paper Mountains
- Brain Gain: Applying International Standards to Local Settings
- Tools in Developing Community Relations to Connect With Faculty and Administrators
- Sustaining the Sizzle: Marketing Libraries, Archives and Museums Beyond Bells, Whistles and (Publicity) Stunts
- From Cradle to Grave: The Whys and Hows of Lifelong Learning as It Affects Library and Information Professionals
Seminar fee is P6,000.00 for live-in participants (inclusive of accommodation – March 5, 2:00 PM to March 7, 12:00 PM; registration; meals – am/pm snacks, breakfast, lunch and dinner; instructional materials; kit; and other expenses). Live-out participants shall be charged P5,500.00 (inclusive of registration; meals – am/pm snacks, breakfast, lunch; instructional materials; kit; and other expenses). For those who will register before February 7, 2014 will have an early-bird rate of P5,000.00 for live-in participants and P4,500.00 for live-out participants. Participants who will check-in before 2:00PM of March 5 will have to pay on their personal account. Please send your reservations on or before March 3, 2014 through:
Mr. Richard Paul Dimalanta
UP Office of the Chancellor
Mr. Rafael Joseph Del Mundo
De La Salle University Libraries
Mobile No.: 0947 994 7225
Fax No.: (02) 536 0245
Payments should be deposited to PNB Account No. 393635900016 (Acct. Name: University of the Philippines Library Science Alumni Association; Branch: UP Diliman Campus). For a copy of the invitation, registration form, and program of activities, kindly click here. Should you wish to have an invitation letter personally addressed to you, kindly send us an email via email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you in Cebu City!